Tuesday, December 27, 2005

stuffed to the gills

This holiday season is killing me. Around every corner is another tasty temptation and each one comes with it's own set of excuses: it's a holiday party! it's free! i've never had a real Philly cheesesteak before! Taco Time is only in Oregon! it's Christmas! these are the best fish and chips EVER! Anyway I'm nursing a cold and an enternally full belly and looking foward to rolling myself down Mt.Hood tomorrow (Meadows). The trip to Oregon (so far) has been great. Stegret and I have done so much, some things that I usually do and also a bunch of things that are new to me as well. Whenever I come here I am usually alone so I do a bunch of family stuff and forget that there is a whole big beautiful state surrounding me and just begging for me to explore it.

Christmas was a good time except for when my parent's 10' noble fir fell over smashing ornaments and spreading needles everywhere. And of course it happened an hour before we were having our big Christmas party/brunch. With a bunch of string and a bit of work we were able to get things back to semi-normal and if you didn't look to closely at the tree you'd never know what happened!

Pugs are enjoying their trip as usual, with so many laps around it's rare that they can't find a willing one. Carmen (the most spoiled chihuahua on earth) has been pretty good. Usually she barks non-stop, but this time she's managed to keep it under control and it has made for a much more quite and enjoyable time.

I hope everyone's chirstmas went well...I've got a bunch of pictures to post, but my motivation has been low since computer screens don't have as much draw when the ocean is just steps away.

Oh and just the other day when we were here a guy got bit by a shark! First time around here in 26 years. Nutty since I was right at the spot where it happened that same day. But I was in the car/walking around on the shore so no sharks were able to nibble on me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home