Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Tennant Hunt

I’m moving, but I’m not selling my place. As a result I have been on the hunt to find the perfect Tennant(s) for my happy condo. I posted an ad on Craig’s List and the emails/calls started flowing in. I met some normal people; I met some people that are missing part of their brain…

Prospective Tennant 1: A woman looking for a place for her and her fiancé after their May 28th wedding. She liked the place, I liked her well enough, she never sent in her application form.
Prospective Tennant 2: Julie called me first and left a message saying I should call back and ask for Julie or John. I call back and get a woman, she said she is not Julie, but her name is John and she is Julie’s partner. So I prep myself for meeting a woman named John, but when she shows up she is a man who just sounds exactly like a woman on the phone. They tell me they have bad credit, but Julie’s mom will co-sign if I need it and then they ask if they can do 6mo instead of a year. I don’t call them back and they don’t send in an application form.
Prospective Tennant 3: This girl stayed for over an hour! Really, she sat, she walked around, she debated over and over where to put some chair that she had, she talked about her family, her work, her dog and then she told me a story about how she almost got fired last week and asked me what would happen if she broke the lease after 6months. Umm…GET OUT!! She turned in an application; I promptly put it in my paper shredder.
Prospective Tennant 4: They live near by, he has a real job, she is going to school, they have a boxer, they hung out, we chatted, they asked questions, I answered questions, at one point I forgot we weren’t friends, they turned in an application, I ran a credit check (he was perfect), I offered my place they happily accepted!

So I’m happy now, last week when I was going through it all it was actually pretty stressful for me, I mean it’s odd enough having someone live in your home and then you have all the extra worries about whether or not they are going to fulfill their side of the bargain. I.E. pay the rent on time and not let their dog eat holes in the carpet, chew on walls and leave stinky piles of poo all over like the renters downstairs in someone else’s unit do.

2 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, March 21, 2006, Blogger Jill said...

Congrats on finding someone!

 
At 10:39 AM, March 27, 2006, Blogger mj said...

Thanks! I wanted to IM you and tell you the good news, but my work cut off my access to AOL IM. Apparently talking to friends isn't work related?!? go figure! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home