Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Tony Cheng's Seafood Restaurant

Well thanks to Kelly I was able to get that Chinese food that I've been thinking about since yesterday AM. I got the yummy Hunan Chicken combo (gotta love those peanuts) which came with a big bowl of soup and a happy little egg roll. The only bad part about the lunch was when we were seated next to the murky Lobster/Crab tank. A bit depressing to see them stuffed in there and knowing where they'll be headed next. Luckily Kelly had a better view of it. ;)

In case you haven't been here let me tell you about it. The quality of the food is better than most of the places in Chinatown (I've been working for the past year or so to visit everyone in order to make a 100% informed decision, but it's hard to not just go to Tony Cheng's.) Tony Cheng has two restaurants: the one on the bottom floor is a Mongolian Grill and the one upstairs is a "seafood restaurant", but they have all the regular fare you would expect. I'm sure the Mongolian grill is good, but if I want something like that I'll head to Flat Top. And if you are in Chinatown on the weekend they do Dim Sum there as well. I would say the one at Fortune near 7 corners is better, but this is a close 2nd. End of story is if you want Chinese food and you are near Chinatown go here. It may not be the best place ever, but it's the best place in comparison to the others around there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home