Saturday, January 27, 2007

39,000 bonus points!!!

Chase Visa Credit Card has the worst bonus point reward thingy ever. Honestly it is awful (And I won't even go into how much I hate their website!) Anyway a long time ago (maybe 2000??) I got a card with them, but they use to be owned by someone else. The first year was nice. They sent me a check for 176 dollars. I like random bonus money. The next year came and I got nothing. And thanks to their lame website I couldn't understand what happened and I forgot to care about it. (Which I freely admit is odd for Miss.Coupon.) For the next 5 years or so I used the card for everything. Insurance, bills, dog walking, food, gifts, random $1 charges...really I'm an all credit girl. Then I had to carry a balance on it for the first time ever and I got charged redi-cue-lous amounts. Soon after that I thought I lost it and had to get a new card (come to find out it was in my pocket). After all the bad blood (and now the need to reset up all my automatic payments) I switched my regular spending to Amex and my bills to discover. I have since then been happy with my new arrangement and rarely use the visa except when ppl are lame and only take visa. Ok enough background. Today I was on the lame site and looked down. I blinked, blinked again in disbelief since clear as day it said 39,000 bonus points! Seriously I'd never seen this before and I go on this site like 4 times a month. (That's how bad the site is organized.) I quickly went to the "redeem points" section. Their selection was poor (nothing close to Amex which rocks), but they had one good thing. 2,500 points = 25 Cash Check. Hello babies! I ordered 15 of those mo fo's!! Scary to think I actually spent 39,000 dollars on a credit card, but happy to know I get at least a tiny part of it back. Yeah for random money. Boo for the stupid credit card that I really should just cancel.

2 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, January 28, 2007, Blogger Kirk said...

Score! And I agree, I've got a Chase card too, and their web site blows, to put it nicely.

 
At 10:37 PM, January 28, 2007, Blogger mj said...

Hey I know that picture you are using for your profile! That was a fun night. :)

The sad thing about the site is they recently re-did it! Dum Dum.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home